Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Little Things That Are Happifying

Lately the heat here has been oppressive, and on top of it the humidity's thick enough to swim in. I love being outside, but not in this weather. I resolved to go out one evening, hoping it wouldn't be nearly so hot, but first I was trying to finish something.

When I was through, it was raining.

But then I thought, Who cares? I didn't mind if I got wet. That's what changes of clothes and hair dryers are for, after all.

So out I went. And it was lovely. The rain was cool, a breeze blew, and the world was splendidly grey. My only complaint was that the water on my glasses made it hard to see (really, someone should invent miniature windshield wipers!), but even that was sort of cool-looking (and it reminded me of my background here).

Then thunder rumbled, and I went in.

Awaiting me on the kitchen table was a brand new pack of the awesomest, prettiest, comfiest, smooth-flowingest pens ever, brought home by Father Dearest. I tried to show you a picture of the prettifulness, but my computer was being moody.

Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, it's a little thing that puts me on the right track again: playing Bach, reading a good book, a sweet note from a friend, a smile from a stranger, a cool breeze.

What was the last little thing that made you happy?

2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment on this yesterday, but Blogger decided it hated me, and ate my comment...
    Going out in the rain (on purpose) is something I've always wanted to do, but always decide not to, because of the inconvenience of having wet hair and clothes afterwards. But I've been inspired by this post, so next time it rains I'm going out there! :D Aren't good pens the most amazing things sometimes? They really can make a day a million times better.
    Ooh, and last little thing that made me happy: When at homeschool choir, everybody suddenly (and without known cause) started singing "We Will Rock You", complete with clapping and foot-stomping. It only lasted a few minutes, but I still laugh when I think about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is such a meanie sometimes! A lot of times, actually. Proof: It won't let me log in, so I'm just commenting with a name and URL. I wonder if it would eat my comment if I said I've thought about switching to Wordpress...
    I've inspired, yay! XD
    How fun! I love spur of the moment things like that. :D

    ReplyDelete

A blog without comments is a lonely place.