Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Of Prayer, Outreach, and Perseverance

Firstly, two prayer requests:

For Birdi, who has scoliosis and is about to undergo an operation on her back;

and for baby Adam, who was born with Bartsocas-Papas Syndrome, and for his parents as they face these trials.

Secondly, and on a much lighter note, it is amazing the global reach this little blog can have! Just this week I have had readers from the US (well, naturally), New Zealand, Russia, Ireland, Haiti (hi, ZNZ!), Latvia, Turkey, Australia, India, Germany, and the Czech Republic.

People have stumbled upon this place searching for joseph mary, angel of god, joseph bible character, the virgin shall be with child, stack of books, house on the rock, house on the rock photos, mary betrothed to joseph, house on the rock blog olivia (someone was actually searching for me!), fistulated cow, and phagocytosis. Oh yeah.

Thirdly, a brief ramble, if you will bear with me.

I will not despair.

To despair is to be defeated, and with God's help I am going to conquer this.

With my God I can scale any wall.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

With God all things are possible.

How can I give up when I have such a wonderful Friend?

How can I let down He who never lets down me?

How can I do anything but trust Him? If I cannot trust in Him I can trust in nothing, and I would indeed despair.

But thanks be to God who is faithful! I am not anxious, but by prayer and supplication make my requests known to God. Tomorrow worries for itself; for today I have God.

And that is more than I need.

2 comments:

  1. hey there! just commenting to say, i love your blog (which i found through birdi) and will most definitely be back! there are so many neat blogs out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Although I'm... more than two months late... in responding. Bad Olivia. Indeed, there are! So many blogs, so little time...

      Delete

A blog without comments is a lonely place.