Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grey Days


source

Grey days make me happy.

It isn't a flippant, jovial kind of happiness. It is an attitude of resolute contentedness, tinged with the pain and sorrow tribulation brings. Grey days remind me of what is truly important in life, and they strengthen my fervor to make the most of what I'm given and to improve the lives of others.

source
On gloomy, dark days, I am thankful for the little things.

I am brave, ready and willing to endure whatever I must in order to serve. I'm always willing, but on days like this I am reminded of the trials that lie ahead. And I am content with them.

It is on such days that my hope is renewed. I'm reminded that I am provided the strength to accomplish the deeds which I'm called to perform, and I welcome the pain I may face. It is an honor to suffer for His name.

source
It's also a reminder of how blessed I am. Every way I turn I cannot help but give praises. The world is a wonderful place!

There must be enough sunny days interspersed, of course, to fully appreciate the splendor of the greyness, but it's the grey days that give me the vigor to live life.

Do you find a certain type of weather inspiring?

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you put it! I love many days, and grey days are quite lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are quite nice, aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete

A blog without comments is a lonely place.