Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Psh, titles are lame! Oh, wait...


I haven't been posting much lately. And it's funny that I'm saying that because I'm still posting loads more than I used to, it's just that the post-a-day era has come to an end, at least for now.

That's because energy comes in extremely limited quantities for me, so I've learned I need to spend every moment I'm able doing something constructive. Not that blogging isn't constructive, it's just lower on the list of priorities.

...My, it sounds as if I'm about to say I'm quitting blogging! Which, I assure you, I am not. I'm not even taking a hiatus. I'm just going to have to start posting when I'm tired. (Which ends up happening a lot anyway...)

You know, the above three paragraphs were really kind of pointless. But I'm going to leave to them, so I'm not so picky about my posts, and if I'm not so picky about my posts maybe I'll post more.

And post the things I need to post.

Like Musical Monday yesterday?

Oh, I remembered and had internet access and everything. I was just tired. So tired, in fact, I fell asleep at nine, which is the earliest I've gone to bed since early childhood, and slept for twelve hours, which is the longest I've slept in... forever?

I should do that more often.

You know, I've realized getting appropriate amounts of sleep and food really helps. I guess that's a good thing, but it kind of stinks, too, because now I actually feel obligated to sleep eight hours (actually, nine for teenagers... ugh) and eat three meals a day. Grr. This is most inconvenient! Nine hours of sleep! Three meals a day! What a chore!

Ahem. So anyway, I went to bed as soon as I got home yesterday, which is why I did not post.

You know, I was going to post a belated video, but Brother is falling asleep, so I'd have to go in the other room to get the headphones so I can find a suitable recording of the piece, and things will get done faster if I skip all that. In fact, if you have any suggestions for future Musical Mondays, that would be wonderful!


Sigh. This post is going on and on rather pointlessly. I'm not awake enough to write a good post and not tired enough to carelessly write a silly tired post. This is just a stuffy, dry tired post. I'll try to end your misery as soon as possible.

Much too long ago to just now be posting about, Aloha tagged me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Aloha!

Da Rulez:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 deserving blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them!
Step 1.1: Thanks again!
Step 1.2: Fulfilled above.

Step 2:

a. I'm sitting on an exercise ball.
b. It took me about ten times to spell exercise just now before I had to stoop to asking spellcheck. I really am tired.
c. I wear my socks inside-out. Seams aren't kind to my cuticles.
d. Absentmindedly I just filled in this bullet as, "Seams aren't kind..." and then caught myself.
e. I tend to trail off in mid
f. This evening my mother and I were discussing how many bad books get published because there are many undiscriminating readers out there. I made the comparison to paper towels: Companies will make cheap, thin paper towels that don't really do anything because they know people will buy them anyway because they're cheap. My father cut in, "Where did you come up with that analogy?" 'Cause I'm weird like that. And my father buys cheap paper towels.
g. Last fact. Believe me, this is harder than it looks, because you realize just how uninteresting you are. Well, that's probably just me. Um... I like coconut.

Step 3: Here's where I'm breaking da rulez. Instead, I hereby bestow this award upon any of my fine readers reading this post. In fact, not only do I bestow this award upon you, I demand you to receive it. Because if you don't post about it, no cookies for you!

Step 4: Congratulations! Or a cookieless state. It's your choice.

I have much more to post, including another award, but it's getting late and I have other matters to tend to, and this post is getting much too long besides.

I look forward to your post! Or no cookies for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog without comments is a lonely place.