Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A List (the Items of Which I Do Not Dare Attempt to Count at This Hour)

  • - I want to go to bed as soon as I write this, so I’m using bullets to speed me along (and so the variety of subjects I discuss doesn’t seem nearly so random).
  • - I really want to start getting to bed earlier. Lately, I haven’t been getting up until almost nine. Nine! I hate getting up late. I feel like I’m wasting the day. It depresses me.
  • - Yes, I am rather odd for a teenager, aren’t I? I don’t like sleeping in! The horror! This shocks many people.
  • - I’m tired, so excuse the nonsense.
  • - That adorable puppy that was in our keeping for a week? He left today. He went to a rescue, so hopefully he’ll be adopted soon.
  • - It has now been five and a half weeks since I pulled a muscle in my side, and it still hurts. I haven’t been able to get those patches because insurance wouldn’t approve them, so I’m going to use a gel stuff instead. I hope it works.
  • - In the meantime, I am forbidden from lifting things, especially with my left arm.
  • - The fungus that dared penetrate my cells with its haustoria? It will not die. It is dying, I think, but not yet dead. Fungus. On my ankle. I strongly disapprove.
  • - My favorite, comfiest shoes are falling apart. I have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable, so when I found these, it was like sliding my feet in little pockets of heaven. They’re Dr. Scholls (yes, I am gellin’) and the little built-in inserts (oxymoron, ha!) are falling out. This is very sad. Sadifying. It is sadifying.
  • - Spell check does not think sadifying is a word. It does not think that happifying or scarifying are words either. Spell check is prejudiced against cool words. …Actually, I take that partially back—there is no red squiggle underlining scarifying. Is that really a word, or did I add it to the dictionary before?
  • - Writing this post has actually been sort of fun. I don’t really want to go to bed.
  • - But I must! I must wake early tomorrow! I cannot bear to waste another morning!
  • - I have something kind of cool to post tomorrow.
  • - Good night! This has been one of my quickest blog posts ever. Twenty-three minutes!! (I am a painstakingly slow writer.)

2 comments:

  1. Scarifying is actually a word, but it doesn't mean what I think you think it means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *looked it up* Oh... *feels silly now*

    I've heard my dad use it before, but I didn't believe him that it was a real word. xP

    I want that word to mean something else. Hmmph.

    ReplyDelete

A blog without comments is a lonely place.